2016 Ford F-150 Model Info in Humble, TX
Source: Ford USA
2016 Ford F-150
The F-Series has been the best-selling brand of trucks for 38 straight years.
Aluminum-Alloy Body and Steel Frame
Over 10 million miles of cumulative testing in the making.
- Class-exclusive* cab and box fabricated from high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloys
- Fully boxed frame with eight crossmembers (five through-welded) made of up to 78 percent 70,000-psi high-strength steel (up from 23 percent in the 2014 F-150 frame). Up to 60 lbs. lighter than the previous generation with state-of-the-art roll-forming process that minimizes weight
- Vehicle weight up to 700 pounds lighter than the previous generation, resulting in better fuel efficiency, greater towing and payload capacities, improved power-to-weight ratio for faster acceleration, enhanced handling and braking responsiveness
The Safest Ford F-150 Ever
- 5-Star overall crash test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety* Administration, thanks to 31 safety-related innovations
- Safety starts with the frame's high-strength steel. A fully boxed frame features eight crossmembers (five through-welded) made of up to 78 percent high-strength steel (up from 23 percent in the previous generation)
- Features an advanced restraint system with dual-stage airbags, Curve Control to help drivers stay on their intended path, and available inflatable rear safety belts in SuperCrew® models - a segment-first innovation**
- Safety belt pretensioners added to the belt anchor side further tighten the lap belt around front-seat passengers, keeping them in a more secure spot early in the event of a crash
- 5Standard AdvanceTrac® with RSC®
- Standard trailer sway control
- Available Inflatable rear outboard safety belts available in four-door SuperCrew (compatible with childsafety seats) - a segment-first feature
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation's New Car Assessment Program
**Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
GAME-CHANGING FOUR-ENGINE LINEUP
With an improved power-to-weight ratio over the previous generation, the F-150 has the highest EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings among gas-powered full-size pickups.
2.7L EcoBoost® - highest EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings* of any gas-powered light-duty pickup with impressive 8,500-lb. maximum towing and 2,250-lb. maximum payload ratings, when properly equipped.
3.5L Ti-VCT V6 - 5 percent better power-to-weight ratio than the previous 3.7L V6 - plus unsurpassed standard V6 EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings for a light-duty pickup**
3.5L EcoBoost - 6 percent higher city and 11 percent higher combined EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings along with a 12 percent better power-to-weight ratio compared to the 2014 model, best-in-class 12,200-lb. maximum tow rating; proven performance in over a half-million F-150 pickups
5.0L Ti-VCT V8 - 16 percent better power-to-weight ratio than the 2014 5.0L V8 with more horsepower and torque than before, delivering the best-in-class maximum payload rating
ALUMINUM GETS THE GOLD.
When F-150 added high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy, it got stronger, more capable and more efficient than ever. It also got some very prestigious awards.
- Ford has been named Best Truck Brand by U.S. News & World Report for F-150 and Super Duty.
- 2016 Ford F-150 is the Best Buy of the Year among trucks according to Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com*
For more information, visit Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com. Kelley Blue Book is a registered trademark of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc.