Planet Ford Cares About Community
Randall Reed, Owner, and our entire team at Planet Ford in Humble believe it's crucial to give back to the communities in which we all work and live. Growing up in an economically challenged home, Mr. Reed knows how important it is for businesses to extend opportunities to area families and youths in order to preserve and strengthen local communities.
Each location sponsors and participates in local events, various school fundraisers and supports a variety of programs for children and families. Not only do we support with financial contributions, our team puts in a large number of volunteer hours for local charities. "When we all give a little, we can help a lot for both the future of our kids and our community," said Mr. Reed.
Best Buddies Texas
Mr. Reed and our team have greatly enjoyed sponsoring and volunteering the Best Buddies program at area schools. The students are also excellent at offering business and commercial tips for the dealership. Here they are helping Mr. Reed work on his signature "We're Dealing'!" point.
Planet Ford donated a portion of every car sold in October to Memorial Hermann's Project Mammogram.
Village Learning Center
The Reeds and Planet Ford sponsored The Village Learning Center's Wish Upon a Star Gala and annual auction.
Humble ISD Programs
Planet Ford and the Reeds make on-going contributions to area schools, including funds to provide musical instruments for the school as many students are unable to afford them.
Best Buddies Dream Trip to Florida!
The Reed family, Chuck Kramer, GM/OP & the Planet Ford team greatly enjoyed sponsoring & being part of an all-expense paid dream trip to Disney World and Universal Orlando for Best Buddies. Many students whom have special needs are unable to take trips such as these with their family and friends. This was a first vacation for several students & a dream come true for all of them.
Mosaic is the next step for students in Best Buddies. When Mr. Reed and Mr. Kramer learned of the need for safer transportation, Planet Ford stepped in to create a custom wrapped vehicle.
Gabriela Spellman, a 2009 breast cancer survivor was the recipient of Planet Ford's custom built 'In the Pink' Mustang created to drive around Texas and raise awareness about breast cancer.
Future Farmers of America
Planet Ford supports FFA auctions. Planet Ford supports the local FFA via auctions and other donations.
Teacher of Year Car Giveaway
Each year, Planet Ford is especially proud to give a vehicle away to the teacher of the year. Teachers shape our future and it's one way we love to say thank you.
Built New Playground
Mr. Reed celebrates a new school playground donated by Planet Ford. It was rebuilt after the last one burned down.
Player of the Week
Not only have we created an annual scholarship program, we present awards such as The Built Ford Tough Texas High School Football Player of the Week.
Humble Middle School
The Reeds and Planet Ford purchased a new marquee to replace the one lost during a hurricane.
Charities We Have The Pleasure Of Working With Include:
- Humble ISD: Provided New Ford vehicle for Teacher of the Year
- Humble ISD Education Foundation: Contributed over $25,000 to the Teacher grant fund
- Humble ISD FFA Auctions: Purchase live stock. Food then donated to shelters and area families
- Humble Middle School: Musical Instruments
- Local Elementary Schools: Donated New Playground, Books for reading program, etc.
- Susan G. Koman: Sponsor Breast Cancer Awareness
- Memorial Hermann Hospital: $20,000 for Project Mammogram
- Mosaic and Best Buddies: New transportation van for program
- Best Buddies: Sponsor programs & special events such as special Disney World trip
- The Village Learning Center: Support number of programs
- DARE Program, including vehicle for the Humble Police Department
- Support local law enforcement, including the Harris County Community Justice Association
- Local Masonic Lodge
- Mother's Against Cancer